21. Which of the following is a change in vision occurring during middle adulthood?
a)improved depth perception
b)decline in distance perception
c)decrease in presbyopia
d)improved near distance vision
22. Which of the following is one of the most frequent causes of eye problems that can result in blindness in middle adulthood?
23. Emanuel is told the pressure in his eyes has increased and cannot drain properly. Emanuel has
24. Glaucoma affects ___ of people over 40.
25. The loss of ability to hear high-pitched, high frequency sounds is known as
26. At what age do most men begin experiencing hearing loss?
27. What percentage of people between the ages of 45 and 65 suffer from presbycusis?
28. Frank has difficulty hearing but also a problem identifying the direction and origin of a sound. Frank is experiencing difficulty with
29. Which of the following is a reason why middle-aged adults are involved in fewer automobile accidents than younger people?
a)middle-aged adults reaction times are faster as they become experts at driving.
b)middle-aged adults have more practice driving.
c)the slowing of reaction time helps middle-aged adults avoid accidents.
d)middle adults are more aware of the risks of dangerous driving.
30. Which of the following is a problem facing men sexually during middle adulthood?
a)erections can last too long and become painful
b)sexual endurance decreases
c)volume of fluid ejaculated declines
d)testosterone levels increase