61. Crossdocking allows the retailer to replace ______________ with information : 1404815
61. Crossdocking allows the retailer to replace ______________ with information and coordination.
d) truck loaders
e) conveyor belts
62. _________________ crossdocking is the receiving and consolidating of inbound supplies to support just-in-time manufacturing.
63. _________________ crossdocking is the consolidating of shipments from LTL and small package industries to gain economies of scale.
64. What is a virtual organization?
a) A company that provides core functions and outsources everything else
b) An e-commerce company
c) A web server developer
d) A computer manufacturer
e) A company with no vertical levels of management
65. Benetton is well known for the practice of assembling all white sweaters and waiting to dye them much closer to the time of sale. This is an example of what?
66. Which of the following is not an argument in favor of having a single supplier?
a) Quantity discounts may be achieved.
b) Partnering becomes more possible.
c) Consistency of input materials is achieved.
d) Probability of assured supply is better.
e) Deliveries can be scheduled more easily.
67. Which of the following is not an argument in favor of having multiple suppliers?
a) The Just-in-time philosophy can be better utilized.
b) Supplier capacity is less important.
c) Volume flexibility is obtained.
d) Risks may be spread.
e) New suppliers may more easily be tested.
68. Insourcing incurs an annual fixed cost of $500,000 and a variable cost of $60 per unit. Outsourcing incurs an annual fixed cost of $750,000 and a variable cost of $20 per unit. What is the indifference point between the two alternatives?
a) 0 units
b) ?6250 units
c) 6250 units
d) 40 units
e) 12,500 units
69. What is the electronic marketplace for the auto industry?
70. In January 2003, how many suppliers were members of Covisint?