61. According to the 2009-2010 health and nutrition survey NHANES, : 1400857
61. According to the 2009-2010 health and nutrition survey NHANES, the percentage of overweight adolescents has increased to 11 percent.
62. It is a good idea to involve children in the planning and preparation of their school lunches.
63. There is no correlation between the level of physical activity in children and the amount of time they spend in front of a TV or computer.
64. Most of a child's dietary fat should come from polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats.
65. Based on the EER values from the Institute of Medicine, a moderately active adolescent male requires 2,200 to 3,000 kilocalories per day.
66. Consuming 2 cups of fortified milk per day will meet 50 percent of the vitamin D recommendation for children aged 1 to 8.
67. Studies show a correlation between the rise in childhood obesity and an increase in type 2 diabetes.
68. According to the rule of thumb regarding portion sizes for young children, a 4-year-old should receive eight tablespoons of food.
69. A 7-pound child should consume at least four cups of fluid each day.
70. Ingesting as little as 200 mg of iron can be fatal to young children.