41. In Freud’s theory, the id to fun as the : 2043316
41. In Freud’s theory, the id is to fun as the superego is to __________
42. Yong-mei is studying for her math test. Her boyfriend Marcus asks if she can go to the movies with him. She would love to go but she knows she has to study for the math test in order to pass the class. What part of Yong-mei’s personality will say, “You must stay home and study because passing the class is necessary for you to graduate.”
a) her ego because it is the moral conscience of her personality
b) her id because studying is what she really wants to do
c) her libido because she knows her boyfriend will love her more if she studies
d) her superego because it is this part of the personality that is the moral conscience
43. The job of the _________ is to find practical ways for the _________ to get its pleasure needs met without offending the morality of the ________.
a) id; ego; superego
b) ego; id; superego
c) ego; superego; id
d) superego; id; ego
44. There were three friends. Maybe you have heard of them! Harry was rational, logical, and cunning. Hermione was rule oriented, moral, and always ethical. Ron was pleasure seeking, found it hard to delay gratification, and usually just did what he wanted. According to Freud, Hermione was mostly __________.
45. Which element in Freud’s personality theory contains the conscience?
46. The superego develops ____________.
a) at birth
b) during infancy
c) during the preschool years
d) during adolescence
47. For Freud, the moral guardian of personality is the ________.
48. According to Freud, the ________ acts as our conscience.
d) collective unconscious
49. Anthony is sick of writing papers and studying for tests, but he knows he needs a college degree if he wants to be successful in his chosen career. So every morning Anthony gives himself a dressing down — in essence yelling at himself — to make himself get out of bed and go to classes, and every evening he does the same thing to get himself to do his work. According to Freud, which personality structure is in control here?
50. Carolyn took home some printer paper from the office. Later, she felt guilty for stealing it so she brought some paper to work to replace what she took. Freud would suggest that Carolyn’s ________ was influencing her motives and behavior.
b) unconscious mind