11) Which of the following statements true about operational data?
A) : 1415457
11) Which of the following statements is true about operational data?
A) It is always better to have data with too coarse a granularity than with too fine a granularity.
B) If the data granularity is too coarse, the data can be made finer by summing and combining.
C) Purchased operational data often contains missing elements.
D) Problematic operational data are termed rough data.
12) Due to a phenomenon called the ________, the more attributes there are, the easier it is to build a model that fits the sample data but that is worthless as a predictor.
A) attribute paradox
B) curse of dimensionality
C) uncertainty principle
D) economies of scale
13) A ________ takes data from the data manufacturers, cleans and processes the data, and locates the data on the shelves.
A) data mart
B) data mine
C) data warehouse
D) data model
14) A data ________ is a data collection, smaller than the data warehouse, that addresses the needs of a particular department or functional area of the business.
15) Which of the following statements is true about data marts?
A) A data mart is like a distributor in a supply chain, while a data warehouse can be compared to a retail store.
B) Data mart users possess the data management expertise that data warehouse employees have.
C) Data marts address the needs of a particular department or functional area of a business.
D) Data marts are larger than data warehouses.
16) Which of the following statements is true about reporting applications?
A) Reporting applications deliver business intelligence to users as a result of an event or particular data condition.
B) Reporting applications consist of five standard components: hardware, software, data, procedures, and people.
C) Two important reporting applications are RFM analysis and OLAP.
D) Reporting applications produce business intelligence using highly sophisticated operations.
17) Which of the following is a basic operation used by reporting applications to produce business intelligence?
18) ________ analysis is a way of analyzing and ranking customers according to their purchasing patterns.
19) RFM analysis is used to analyze and rank customers according to their ________.
A) purchasing patterns
B) propensity to respond to a marketing stimulus
C) socio-economic status
D) motivation and needs
20) U.S. Steel Corp. is a well-known steel manufacturing company. SAMCROW, one of the customers of U.S. Steel Corp. holds an RFM score of 111. Which of the following characteristics relates SAMCROW with its RFM score?
A) SAMCROW has ordered recently and orders frequently, but it orders the least expensive goods.
B) SAMCROW has not ordered in some time but when it did order in the past, it ordered frequently, and its orders were of the highest monetary value.
C) SAMCROW has not ordered for some time and it did not order frequently, but when it did order, it bought the least-expensive items.
D) SAMCROW has ordered recently and orders frequently, and it orders the most expensive goods.