1) Any paid form of nonpersonal presentation and promotion of : 1408454
1) Any paid form of nonpersonal presentation and promotion of ideas, goods, or services by an identified sponsor is called ________.
A) sales promotion
B) direct marketing
D) personal selling
E) public relations
2) Advertising is used mostly by ________.
B) business firms
C) social agencies
D) independent professionals
E) not-for-profit organizations
3) The decisions about reach, frequency, and impact of an advertisement fall into the category of ________ decisions.
A) sales objectives
E) advertising evaluations
4) Competitive parity and task methods are considered when making decisions about ________.
A) sales objectives
C) message structure
D) media selection
5) An advertising objective is classified by its primary purpose, which is to inform, persuade, or ________.
6) Which of the following is most likely an objective of informative advertising?
A) build brand preference
B) change customer perceptions of brand value
C) encourage customers to switch brands
D) suggest new uses for a product
E) keep the brand in customer minds during off-seasons
7) When Procter & Gamble (P&G) developed the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, the company needed to explain how the product cleans grime from walls without removing paint. What type of campaign was most likely used by P&G for the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser?
A) informative advertising
B) persuasive advertising
C) reminder advertising
D) developmental advertising
E) comparative advertising
8) When the advertising objective is to build primary demand for a new product category, ________ advertising will most likely be used.
9) Which of the following is an objective of persuasive advertising?
A) communicate customer value
B) correct false impressions
C) describe available services and support
D) keep the brand in a customer's mind during off-seasons
E) change customer perceptions of product value
10) ________ becomes more important as competition increases. With this type of advertising, a company's objective is to build selective demand.
A) Institutional advertising
B) Informative advertising
C) Reminder advertising
D) Covert advertising
E) Persuasive advertising