11) In Vroom's theory of motivation, motivation equal to E : 1327851
11) In Vroom's theory of motivation, motivation is equal to E * I * V, where E represents ________.
12) In Vroom's theory of motivation, motivation is equal to E * I * V, where I represents ________.
A) intrinsic needs
13) In Vroom's theory of motivation, which of the following terms refers to the perceived value a person attaches to a reward?
D) variable pay
14) According to Vroom's theory, when managers design incentive plans they should do all of the following EXCEPT ________.
A) focus on behavior modification methods
B) make incentive plans easy to understand
C) provide training and support to employees
D) boost the confidence level of employees
15) Behavior modification is based upon the principles of rewards and punishments advanced by ________.
A) Frederick Taylor
B) Frederick Herzberg
C) B.F. Skinner
D) Edward Deci
16) Which of the following terms refers to changing behavior through rewards or punishments that are contingent on performance?
A) behavior modification
B) personal development
D) internal motivation
17) Which of the following is NOT a basic tenet of behavior modification?
A) Behavior that leads to rewards tends to be repeated.
B) Properly scheduled rewards can be used to encourage some behaviors.
C) Properly scheduled punishments can be used to minimize some behaviors.
D) Employees must understand the link between rewards,punishments, and behavior.
18) Which of the following terms refers to an incentive plan that ties a group's pay to the firm's profitability?
B) variable pay
D) merit pay
19) Under the Fair Labor Standards Act, which of the following would NOT be included in overtime pay computations?
A) bonus for new hires
B) Christmas bonus
C) efficiency bonus
D) union contract bonus
20) What type of pay plan is being used when workers are paid a sum for each unit they produce?
A) competency-based pay
B) job-based pay