Question : You have cloned the cDNA for human XPA. You now attempt : 2134229
23) You have cloned the cDNA for human XPA. You now attempt to use the human XPA cDNA (linked to a promoter) to correct the genetic defect in mice that have the mouse equivalent of the human disease xeroderma pigmentosum, by making transgenic mice. Briefly explain how you would analyze the transgenic mice for:
· Stable integration of the transgene into the mouse’s genomic DNA
· Transcription of the transgene
· Translation of the transgene
· Ability of the XPA protein to correct the genetic defect in the transgenic mice.
35) Describe an experiment to determine whether the tomato you just bought from the grocery store is genetically modified. Show sample positive results.