1. In the context of financial statements, which of : 2028827
1. In the context of financial statements, which of the following represents the systematic reduction over time in the value of certain company assets?
2. Venus Inc., a software consultancy firm, had depreciation of $20.8 million and a net interest expense of $3.2 million for the past year. The firm’s operating profit for the same year was $319.0 million. What was the firm’s taxable income for the past year?
3. Venus Inc., a software consultancy firm, had made a gross profit of $350.0 million for the year 2012. For the same year, it had made sales of $890.0 million. What was its gross profit margin?
4. Which of the following profitability ratios measures the firm’s efficiency in generating sales and profits from the total amount invested in the company?
b.Gross profit margin
c.Return on assets
d.Net interest expense
5. Which of the following statements is true of markup?
a.A marketer’s markup exerts no influence on its image as perceived by customers.
b.Retailers who offer more services charge larger markups to cover their costs.
c.Markups typically are stated as percentages of net interest expenses.
d.Retailers with a lower turnover rate can make a profit by charging a smaller markup.
6. Calculate the markdown if a retailer decides to reduce the price of an item from $45 to $38 and sells 500 units.