86. Explain the factors that set the stage for the : 1987725
86. Explain the factors that set the stage for the exploration and exploitation of the New World by Europe. What economic and technological changes contributed to the drive toward exploration? How did the rise of the nation state contribute?
87. Compare and contrast the Mesoamerican Indians with the Eastern Woodland Indians. What do their differences reveal about the American Indian societies that Europeans began to encounter in the fifteenth century?
88. Describe the goals of Christopher Columbus’s initial expedition. Should his expedition be considered a success or not? Why or why not?
89. Describe the factors that contributed to the defeat of the Aztecs by Hernán Cortés. How was this conquest similar to or different from other conquests by the Spanish in the New World?
90. Define the Columbian Exchange and describe its effects on both the Old World and the New.