81. Two objects in circular orbits of different radii around : 2102149
81. Two objects are in circular orbits of different radii around the Sun. Which object has the highest orbital speed?
A. The one closest to the Sun.
B. The one farthest from the Sun.
C. Once in orbit around the Sun, all objects have the same orbital speed regardless of distance from the Sun. It is the greater radius and greater resulting circumference that causes the object farther from the Sun to take longer to complete an orbit.
D. This cannot be found without knowing the relative masses of the objects.
82. For a point on a spinning disc in uniform circular motion, which of the following is not constant?
A. Its angular speed.
B. Its angular acceleration.
C. Its centripetal acceleration.
D. The magnitude of its total acceleration.
83. Two points on a merry-go-round are located at distances from the center r1 and r2, where r1 < r2. While the merry-go-round is in the process of speeding up to operational speed, which of the following equations involving magnitudes of angular speed, angular acceleration, and tangential speed for these points is incorrect?
A. w1 = w2
B. a1 = a2
C. vt1 = vt2
D. All of the equations are correct.
84. A car is going around a racetrack at constant speed. The curves around the track have different radii. In which turn is the magnitude of the car's acceleration the greatest?
A. It is the greatest in the turn with the greatest radius.
B. It is the greatest in the turn with the smallest radius.
C. The acceleration is zero everywhere because of the constant speed.
D. More information is needed to determine the answer.