71. A trapeze artist, with swing, weighs 800 N; he : 2102094
71. A trapeze artist, with swing, weighs 800 N; he is being held to one side by his partner so that the swing ropes make an angle of 30.0? with the vertical. In such a condition of static equilibrium, what is the tension in the rope?
A. 924 N
B. 400 N
C. 196 N
D. 461 N
72. A 200-N crate rests on an ramp; the maximum angle just before it slips is 25? with the horizontal. What is the coefficient of static friction between crate and ramp surfaces?
73. A 150-N sled is pulled up a 28? slope at a constant speed by a force of 100 N. What is the coefficient of kinetic friction between sled and slope?
74. Jamal pulls a 150-N sled up a 28.0? slope at constant speed by a force of 100 N. Near the top of the hill he releases the sled. With what acceleration does the sled go down the hill?
A. 1.20 m/s2
B. 1.67 m/s2
C. 2.22 m/s2
D. 2.67 m/s2
75. Dana uses a rope to pull a box that weighs 300 N across a level surface with constant velocity. The rope makes an angle of 30? above the horizontal and the tension in the rope is 100 N. What is the coefficient of friction?