71. __________ refers to the domestication of large animals as : 2106799
71. __________ refers to the domestication of large animals as the primary means of subsistence.
72. One of the characteristics of agrarian societies that contributes to gender inequality is_________________________.
a. public ownership of property
b. female control over distribution of food surplus and the kinship system
c. women’s production of domestic goods
d. the need for legitimate heirs for private property
73. A(n) __________ is one in which factory or mechanized production has replaced agriculture as the major form of economic activity.
a. commerce society
b. industrial society
c. pastoral society
d. agrarian society
74. __________ in the United States created a gap between the nonpaid work performed by women at home and the paid work that was increasingly performed by men and unmarried girls.
75. __________ are societies in which technology supports a service-based and information-based economy.
a. Preindustrial societies
b. Agricultural societies
c. Postindustrial societies
d. Industrial societies