61. What is the leading cause of death among Canadian men and women?
a)heart and circulatory disease
b)motor vehicle accidents
62. Which of the following would be considered an environmental and behavioural factor related to cancer?
b)heart and cardiovascular disease
c)exposure to sunlight
d)family history of cancer
63. Which of the following is common treatment for cancer?
64. Which of the following is a critical factor in cancer recovery?
c)controlling chronic stress
65. Marion is 40 years old, and has a family history of breast cancer. According to the most recent medical recommendations she should start having mammograms
b)every other year.
c)every 5 years.
d)after age 50.
66. What is the most recent medical recommendation regarding routine mammograms?
a)Women in their 40s should not routinely have mammograms, and that women between the ages of 50 and 69 should have mammograms every two years.
b)Mammograms should be based on symptoms in consultation with a physician.
c)Women between the ages of 50 and 69 should have mammograms annually.
d)Women should have mammograms every two years beginning at age 30.
67. What is a likely explanation for the results from cross-sectional studies showing that older people are less likely to score as well as younger subjects on traditional intelligence tests?
a)improper administration of testing
d)improper test design
68. In attempting to identify trends in intelligence during mid-adulthood, researchers must acknowledge that
a)due to cohort effects, longitudinal designs may overestimate intelligence.
b)due to attrition effects, cross sectional designs may overestimate intelligence.
c)due to practice effects, longitudinal designs may underestimate intelligence.
d)due to cohort effects, cross sectional designs may underestimate intelligence.
69. Based on longitudinal studies, a different developmental pattern for intelligence was revealed that showed
a)adults' intelligence peaked at age 18 and declined gradually thereafter.
b)adults tended to show increasing intelligence test scores until the mid-30s, then typically began to decline.
c)adults intelligence peaked in the mid-30s and then remained stable until the mid 50s.
d)adults’ intelligence significantly slowed around their mid-30s.
70. Intelligence that reflects information processing capabilities, reasoning, and memory is called