61. Morgan Stanley, a Wall Street bank, allegedly hired females : 2106797
61. Morgan Stanley, a Wall Street bank, allegedly hired females less frequently than males and often passed over females for promotion. These practices are examples of __________.
a. institutional discrimination
b. institutional prejudice
c. individual discrimination
d. individual prejudice
62. Sexism is interwoven with __________, which is a hierarchical system of social organization where cultural, political, and economic structures are controlled by men.
63. The term __________ refers to a hierarchical system of social organization in which cultural, political, and economic structures are controlled by women. Few, if any, societies have been organized in this way.
64. According to the text, three factors are important in determining the gendered division of labor in a society, including ________________________.
a. the type of subsistence base
b. the percentage of governance that is female
c. the product being produced by society
d. the presence of a second shift
65. __________ refers to the means by which a society gains the basic necessities of life, including food, shelter, and clothing.
a. Technoeconomic base
b. Division of labor