6. To calculate the mean for grouped data, which of : 2132727
6. To calculate the mean for grouped data, which of the following steps must be completed?
a. multiply the number of subjects within each category by the value of that category
b. divide the results of the multiplication
c. multiply by the number of subjects
d. multiply each large number with the smaller numbers
7. Which of the following do not represent measures of dispersion?
c. standard deviations
8. With respect to standard deviation, which of the following statements is correct?
a. it is the distance separating the highest and lowest value
b. it is the square of the variance
c. it can be a positive or negative number
d. comparing standard deviations for different groups of cases indicates relative amounts of dispersion within each group
9. With respect to standard deviation, which of the following statements is not correct?
a. the total deviation is zero
b. the average deviation is zero
c. the value can range from negative 1 to positive 1
d. the sum of the deviations from the mean will always be zero
10. Which of the following is an accurate statement?
a. if the mean is much higher than the mode, it indicates that there are no extreme cases
b. if the standard deviation is high, it indicates that there is no variability
c. if the mean is the same as median, it indicates that the mode will be higher.
d. Whenever the mean is much higher than the mode, it indicates that the mean is distorted