6. Since the information contained in the HIS can be
6. Since the information contained in the HIS can be shared with the EHR, physicians in the hospital, for example, can access related information on their patients from their offices, if required.
7. The HIS contains a vast amount of medical information, data about the patient (demographic information, for example), and, of course, other related health information such as images from medical imaging procedures.
8. Security allows authorized users to have access to the information and prevents unauthorized users from accessing it.
9. The PACS technologist works routinely on a daily basis with digital image acquisition modalities, by producing images in the imaging room.
10. Digital imaging technologists are beginning to play an important role in image post-processing, imaging research, and publishing ventures.