6. A LAN connects ____________________ that separated by short distances
6. A LAN connects ____________________ that are separated by short distances such as within a radiology department, a building, or two or more buildings.
7. An individual device is referred to as a node, and the connections among nodes are called ____________________.
8. Current ____________________ technologies for PACS include solid-state memory, magnetic data carriers (disk and tapes), and optical disks.
9. Compression can be either ____________________ compression, or reversible compression, where no information is lost in the process.
10. A display and ____________________ workstation used in a PACS environment is a computer workstation consisting of hardware and software to facilitate the display of digital images for diagnostic interpretation and for review purposes.