46. Various organizations of gays, lesbians, and transgendered persons have : 2106794
46. Various organizations of gays, lesbians, and transgendered persons have been unified in their desire to reduce hate crimes and other forms of __________—the extreme prejudice directed at gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and others who are perceived as not being heterosexual.
47. __________ refer(s) to the culturally and socially constructed differences between females and males found in the meanings, beliefs, and practices associated with "femininity" and "masculinity."
b. Primary sexual identifiers
d. Secondary sexual identifiers
48. __________ in the social world is/are gendered.
a. Virtually everything
c. Only institutions
d. Only families
49. Which of these would be the subject of a microlevel analysis of gender?
a. the way gender is embedded in language
b. policies for gender roles in social institutions such as the military
c. the messages a mother or father gives to his or her child about “being a man”
d. religious doctrine that addresses gender
50. Which of these would the subject of a macrolevel analysis of gender?
a. how two female best friends talk to each other
b. the messages a father gives his son about being a man
c. how a mother discusses menstruation with her daughter
d. how gender is embedded in language