46. __________ the concurrent marriage of one woman with two : 2106822
46. __________ is the concurrent marriage of one woman with two or more men.
47. __________ is very rare. When it does occur, it is typically found in societies where men greatly outnumber women because of high rates of female infanticide.
48. In preindustrial societies, kinship is usually traced through one parent (unilineally). The most common pattern of unilineal descent is __________, which is a system of tracing descent through the father’s side of the family.
a. patriarchal descent
b. patrilineal descent
c. patrilocal descent
d. patricentric descent
49. __________ systems are set up in such a manner that a legitimate son inherits his father's property and sometimes his position upon the father's death.
50. Even with the less common pattern of __________, which is a system of tracing descent through the mother’s side of the family, women may not control property.
a. matriarchal descent
b. matricentric descent
c. matrilocal descent
d. matrilineal descent