36. A chromosomally normal (XY) male was born with a : 2106819
36. A chromosomally normal (XY) male was born with a penis just one centimeter long and a small opening similar to that of a female vagina. This individual would be referred to as __________.
37. Some people may be genetically of one sex but have a gender identity of the other. These people are termed __________, in which the sex-related structure of the brain that defines gender identity is opposite from the physical sex organs of the person’s body.
38. The term __________ refers to individuals whose appearance, behavior, or self-identification does not conform to their assigned sex and identification by others as male or female.
39. Hijra, xanith, and berdache are all examples of a __________.
a. “third sex”
d. intersexed person
40. The text uses the term __________ for men or women who do not alter their genitalia but who live as members of the opposite sex.