36. A 2.00-kg ball has zero potential and kinetic energy. : 2102122
36. A 2.00-kg ball has zero potential and kinetic energy. Maria drops the ball into a 10.0-m-deep well. After the ball comes to a stop in the mud, the sum of its potential and kinetic energy is:
B. 196 J.
C. -196 J.
D. 392 J.
37. Two blocks are released from the top of a building. One falls straight down while the other slides down a smooth ramp. If all friction is ignored, which one is moving faster when it reaches the bottom?
A. The block that went straight down.
B. The block that went down the ramp.
C. They both will have the same speed.
D. Insufficient information to work the problem.
38. Old Faithful geyser in Yellowstone Park shoots water hourly to a height of 40 m. With what velocity does the water leave the ground?
A. 7.0 m/s
B. 14 m/s
C. 20 m/s
D. 28 m/s
39. An 80 000-kg airliner is flying at 900 km/h at a height of 10.0 km. What is its total energy (kinetic + potential) if the total was 0 when the airliner was at rest on the ground?
A. 250 MJ
B. 478 MJ
C. 773 MJ
D. 10 300 MJ
40. A pole vaulter clears 6.00 m. With what speed does he strike the mat in the landing area?
A. 2.70 m/s
B. 5.40 m/s
C. 10.8 m/s
D. 21.6 m/s