31) The credit for child and dependent care expenses can : 2125666
31) The credit for child and dependent care expenses can only be claimed if a taxpayer incurs employment-related expenses to care for one or more qualifying individuals.
32) In order to be eligible for the credit for the elderly or the disabled, the taxpayer must be age 55 or older or have retired on permanent disability.
33) The two types of education credits available, American opportunity tax credit and lifetime learning credit, may be used in combination for the same student in any given year to give the taxpayer the greatest tax advantage.
34) A student can only receive the American opportunity tax credit if he/she is enrolled in the first four years of postsecondary education.
35) The maximum American opportunity tax credit is $2,500 per student per year.