31. At what age do women enter a period known
31. At what age do women enter a period known as the climacteric?
32. The cessation of menstruation is known as
33. At about what age does menopause typically begin?
34. Which of the following is a reason that menopause is important?
a)Menopause marks the point at which traditional pregnancy is not possible.
b)Sexuality declines at a rapid rate.
c)The production of estrogen begins to increase.
d)The production of progesterone increases, producing a variety of hormone-related age changes.
35. Joan is 45 years old and her body temperature sometimes feels too hot. During these episodes, her skin looks red, she begins to sweat, and then she feels chills. Joan is experiencing
36. Which of the following is a common symptom of menopause?
37. What percentage of women experience no significant symptoms of menopause?
38. What percentage of women experience severe distress during menopause?
39. Dr. Johnson is lecturing to a group of medical students. Her lecture focuses on the period beginning around 10 years prior to menopause when hormone production begins to change. She is discussing
40. How do most researchers today view menopause?
a)It produces mood disorders.
b)It is regarded as a normal part of the aging cycle.
c)It is responsible for increased anxiety attacks.
d)It produces severe irritability.