21. The maximum pressure that a certain type of drainpipe : 2102187
21. The maximum pressure that a certain type of drainpipe can safely withstand from the water inside is 10 atmospheres above the outside pressure. The pipe is to run from the roof to a storm drain connection in the basement of the building along a corner of an inside wall. Leakage is not an option. If this drainpipe is to be used with a tall building, what is the maximum height, of those given below, for this drainpipe if it may be subject to clogging at the bottom? Assume that the pipe is in an environment that surrounds it with 1.0 atmosphere pressure.where 1 atm = Pa.
22. A very tall building has a drainpipe that runs from the roof to a storm sewer under the basement of the building. Unfortunately, over time the drainpipe becomes clogged when it passes though the basement. How high above the clog does the water have to be for the water near the clog to have its volume compressed by one tenth of one percent? The bulk modulus of water is .
23. The bulk modulus of aluminum is Pa and that of copper is Pa.When identical size cubes of aluminum and copper are subjected to high pressure, what is the ratio of the change in volume of the aluminum cube to that of the copper cube?
24. What is the total force on the bottom of a 2.0-m-diameter by 1.0-m-deep round wading pool due to the weight of the air and the weight of the water? (Note the pressure contribution from the atmosphere is 1.0 ´ 105 N/m2, the density of water is 1 000 kg/m3, and g = 9.8 m/s2.)
A. 3.4 ´ 105 N
B. 2.4 ´ 106 N
C. 3.2 ´ 106 N
D. 6.0 ´ 106 N
25. In a large tank of liquid, the hydrostatic pressure at a given depth is a function of:
B. surface area.
C. liquid density.
D. Choices a and c are both valid.