21) The advantage of cigarettes over cigars in the late : 2086876
21) The advantage of cigarettes over cigars in the late 1800s and early 1900s was that __________.
a. cigarettes were less expensive
b. cigarettes were viewed as being safer to your health
c. cigars were rumored to contain contaminating ingredients
d. smoking cigarettes was viewed as being tough and rugged
22) In the late 1800s, the price of cigarettes was __________.
a. 10 for a quarter
b. 20 for a nickel
c. 30 for a dime
d. a penny each
23) A Bonsack machine was used __________.
a. to evaluate the toxicity of cigarettes
b. to produce a large quantity of cigarettes
c. to dry out tobacco leaves quickly
d. to shred tobacco in an efficient manner
24) One of the strategies in marketing cigarettes to women was the claim that they could be __________.
a. an alternative to common housecleaning products
b. a weight-control aid
c. excellent for household pest control
d. useful as a laxative
25) Two primary factors for the emergence of cigarettes as the dominant form of tobacco use were __________.
a. smoking among women and World War II
b. smoking among women and World War I
c. World War I and Prohibition
d. Prohibition and the popularity of cigars