151. According to research reported in the text, which country has the least divorce?
152. Before accounting for post-secondary education, what is the average amount of money that parents will spend on one child from birth until the child reaches age 18?
153. Which of the following is a true statement regarding young adults intentions to have children?
a)young adults desire children in order to get pleasure from watching their children grow, and fulfillment from seeing them be successful
b)the incidence of unplanned pregnancies has increased in recent decades
c)young adults desire children to get financial gain from governmental benefits programs such as tax breaks and welfare
d)an increasing amount of young adults are choosing not to have children, leading to significantly decreased social pressure to have children
154. What is the most likely reason for the dramatic decrease in the number of children in the average Canadian family?
a)the increase in religious-based sex-abstinence programs
b)the availability and use of effective contraceptives
c)the decrease in the number of people getting married
d)an increase in same-sex couplings
155. In 1945, Canadians who were polled reported that the ideal number of children to have was approximately ____. This number has _______________ in the years since.
a)5; remained relatively constant
156. The number of children that one generation must produce to be able to replenish its numbers is called
157. Which of the following is a reason for the decline in the fertility rate?
a)women returning to school
b)declining health of the population
c)women joining the workforce
158. Which of the following age groups of women giving birth have increased over earlier decades?
159. What percentage of gay men and lesbian women are parents?
160. Research suggests that children raised in households in which parents are homosexual
a)show no differences in eventual adjustment.
b)show significant differences in adjustment.
c)show adjustment differences in school.
d)show adjustment differences in socialization.