Question : Women are the primary targets : 2141838
1) Women are the primary targets ________ precisely because they are women and they have a higher victimization rate than men.
A) In hate crimes and workplace violence
B) In robbery and fraud
C) In homicide and armed robbery
D) In rape and sexual assault and domestic violence
2) In addition to other forms of violence, this routine practice in many Islamic countries affects an estimated 140 girls and women worldwide.
A) Limb amputation
B) Ear piercing
C) Genital mutilation
D) Tongue piercings
3) Put most simply, ________ may be defined as sexual intercourse (vaginal, anal, or oral penetration) without the consent of the victim.
B) Simple assault
C) Sexual assault
4) Which of the following best fits for the definition of sexual assault?
A) Sexual contact of any kind outside of the confines of marriage
B) Sexual intercourse (vaginal, anal, or oral penetration) without the consent of the victim
C) Sexual contact of any kind with any person, boy or girl, under the age of 21
D) Sexual contact without the consent of the victim that does not include intercourse
5) The NCVS estimates that almost ________ rapes and sexual assaults occurred in 2014 against people age 12 or older.
6) Which of the following is true regarding sexual assault?
A) National surveys found that complete strangers committed more than 95 percent of the rapes reported by respondents
B) National surveys found that non-strangers committed more than 77 percent of the rapes reported by respondents
C) National surveys found that women committed more than 80 percent of the rapes reported by respondents
D) National surveys found that Latinos committed more than 80 percent of the rapes reported by respondents
7) Intimate partner violence occurs:
A) In predominantly minority neighborhoods
B) In all neighborhoods regardless of social status
C) Only in low-income neighborhoods
D) Only in wealthy neighborhoods
8) Violence against women is:
A) A global epidemic
B) Is not significant in third world countries
C) Often over reported
D) A problem only in Western nations
9) The best evidence indicates that ________ is even more common than rape.
B) Domestic violence
10) Women from which of the following age groups are most likely to be victims of intimate partner violence?
B) 62 and older