Question : Why do humid tropical regions have only small variations in temperature : 2146636
13) Why do humid tropical regions have only small variations in temperature throughout the year?
A) The canopy of trees in the rain forest shade the ground and reflect light all the time.
B) The location of this climatic region is limited to an area where the solar radiation does not vary significantly.
C) The winds associated with these systems rapidly redistribute the heat.
D) The cloud cover and rain do not allow the temperatures to rise or fall significantly.
E) The constant humidity maintains a relatively uniform temperature.
14) The major difference between a wet tropical region and a tropical wet and dry region is ________.
D) wind direction
15) The major difference in vegetation between the different humid tropical (A) regions is that ________.
A) wet tropical regions have rain forests, and tropical wet and dry regions have grasslands
B) wet tropical regions have grasslands, and tropical wet and dry regions have rain forests
C) wet tropical regions have brush and succulents, and tropical wet and dry regions have grasslands
D) wet tropical regions have grasslands, and tropical wet and dry regions have brush and succulents
E) wet tropical regions have rain forests, and tropical wet and dry regions have brush and succulents
16) The climate in which temperatures average 25°C or more each month and total precipitation for the year is high is the ________ climate.
B) humid continental
C) wet tropics
D) marine west coast
E) humid subtropics
17) The most luxuriant (abundant) vegetation found in any climatic realm is the ________.
B) mid-latitude forest
E) tropical rain forest
19) In some Aw regions, such as India, Southeast Asia, and portions of Australia, the alternating periods of rainfall and dryness are associated with well-established ________.
A) thunderstorm updrafts
B) monsoon cycles
C) ocean currents
D) El Nino Southern Oscillation Cycles
20) A dry climate is defined as ________.
A) a climate where the temperature is over 25°C
B) one were the evaporation exceeds the precipitation
C) a climate where wind is the dominate form of erosion
D) one where the rainfall is less than 10 cm per year
E) all of the above
21) Which of the following is not used to establish the boundary between dry and humid climates in the Köppen system?
A) Average Annual Precipitation
B) Average Annual Evaporation
C) Seasonal Distribution of Precipitation
D) Average Annual Temperature
22) Low latitude dry climates are found primarily ________.
A) near 35° north and south latitudes.
B) near the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn.
C) near 45° north and south latitudes.
D) between the equator and the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn.
E) near the equator.
23) Almost ________ of Australia is desert.