Question : Which of the following actions if implemented by the nurse indicates that further : 2135497
1. Which of the following actions if implemented by the nurse indicates that further education about complementary and alternative therapy is required?
a. Massaging the legs of a client who has a left foot stasis ulcer.
b. Assessing a capillary blood glucose level for a client taking aloe.
c. Recommending the use of acupressure to a client with tension headaches.
d. Teaching family members how to provide a hand massage to a client.
2. The nurse is caring for a client who is experiencing extreme postoperative nausea. Which of the following therapies should the nurse recommend for this client?
c. St. John’s wort
d. Magnetic therapy
3. Which of these complementary and alternative therapies should the nurse suggest to a client who has elevated triglyceride levels?
a. Fish oil
b. Milk thistle
c. Saw palmetto
d. Ginkgo biloba
4. Which of the following information obtained by the nurse when admitting a client with osteoarthritis may indicate a need for client teaching?
a. The client obtains information about herbal therapies online.
b. The client takes glucosamine daily to prevent knee and hip pain.
c. The client attends a weekly yoga class to improve flexibility and balance.
d. The client states that prayer helps to improve the knee pain and function.
5. A client with chronic headaches seeks treatment from a nurse trained in Therapeutic Touch (TT). Which of the following will the nurse perform during the TT session?
a. Realign the client’s energy flow.
b. Manipulate muscles and soft tissues.
c. Apply pressure to body points where energy is obstructed.
d. Passively move stressed joints through the range of motion.