Question : Which component is not directly involved in the process known : 2134171
1) Which component is not directly involved in the process known as translation?
2) Which statement is not true about the nucleolus?
A. The nucleolus is the site of rRNA synthesis.
B. The nucleolus is a membrane-bound organelle within the nucleus.
C. The nucleolus is the site of ribosome subunit assembly.
D. The nucleolus is composed of a fibrillar center, dense fibrillar component, and granular component.
3) Ribosomes carry out the process of protein synthesis in the ____________ after assembly in the _____________ within a special compartment called the ______________.
A. cytoplasm, cytoplasm, nucleolus
B. nucleus, cytoplasm, nucleolus
C. nucleolus, cytoplasm, nucleus
D. cytoplasm, nucleus, nucleolus
4) Which component of mammalian ribosomes accounts for 60% of the mass?
A. ribosomal RNA
B. ribosomal protein
C. messenger RNA
D. transfer RNA
5) In eukaryotes, ribosomal RNAs are transcribed by
A. RNA polymerase I
B. RNA polymerase II
C. RNA polymerase III
D. RNA polymerase IV