Question : When presetting a breakfast, lunch, or dinner table setting : 2162202
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
41) When presetting a breakfast, lunch, or dinner table setting, the flatware is set approximately ________ inch(es) from the edge of the table.
42) When presetting a breakfast, lunch, or dinner table setting, there should always be approximately ________ inch(es) between the fork and knife, depending upon the size of the plate that will be placed between them.
43) The water glass is placed approximately 1 inch to the:
A) left of the plate
B) right of the tip of the butter knife
C) side of the teaspoon
D) left of the tines of the fork
44) The bread and butter plate is placed about 1 inch above the:
A) butter knife
C) water glass
D) tines of the fork
45) When coffee or tea is served, the cup and saucer are placed to the right of the teaspoon, approximately 1 to 3 inches from the edge of the table with the handle angled at ________ o'clock.
46) When a butter knife is used, it could be placed in the vertical position on the right half of the bread-and-butter plate; the blade of the butter knife ________.
A) is parallel to the fork, the blade turned to the right
B) is angled to the fork, handle down
C) is angled to the fork, handle up
D) faces left (outward) from the place setting
47) When a dinner plate is ready to be served, and a guest is not finished with the salad, with the guest's permission, the salad plate is placed ________.
A) to the left of the fork
B) above the dinner plate
C) to the right of the knife
D) to the top right of the place setting
48) When an appetizer is served, it is placed and centered between the fork and knife, approximately ________ inch(es) from the edge of the table.
49) Certain seafood items may require may require the use of a:
A) steak knife
B) appetizer fork
C) fish clip
D) cocktail fork
50) When wine is served, the water glass is moved above and slightly to the left of the knife. The wine glass is placed:
A) above and slightly to the right of the knife
B) above the water glass
C) wherever it fits
D) below the water glass
51) When more than one wine is served with a meal, the wine glasses are set:
A) in the order of use
B) by color, lightest color first
C) tallest to shortest
D) above the coffee cup and saucer
52) When a before-dinner cocktail or after-dinner liqueur is ordered, it would be served centered between the fork and knife, about ________ inch(es) from the edge of the table.
53) This service is informal, quick and generally found in diners and coffee shops:
A) self-serve beverages
B) American service
D) Russian service
54) ________ service is most commonly used for large groups.
55) Fine dining restaurants may offer ________ service where servers have specifically defined jobs to give broad coverage to the dining room; front and back servers and a server's assistant, and there may also be a Sommelier and / or Barista.
ESSAY. Write your answer in the space provided or on a separate sheet of paper.
56) Explain American Service.
57) Explain Modified English Service.
58) Explain Russian Service.
59) Explain French Service.