Use the following information for questions (16) – (19). Suppose that the probability that the train travelling from Holland, Michigan to Chicago, Illinois arrives on time is 0.80. For the questions that follow, consider a sample of twenty randomly selected train trips.
16. Approximately how many trips would you expect to arrive on time out of twenty randomly selected trips, give or take how many trips? Round to the nearest whole trip.
17. What is the probability that exactly fifteen trips out of twenty will arrive in Chicago on time? Round to the nearest thousandth.
18. What is the probability that at least nineteen trips out of twenty arrive to Chicago on time? Round to the nearest thousandth.
19. What is the probability that thirteen or less trips out of twenty arrive on time to Chicago? Round to the nearest thousandth.
20. Suppose the probability that a person does not recycle is 0.23. If 300 randomly selected people were asked “Do you recycle?” would you be surprised if 65 said no to this question? Why?