TRUE/FALSE. Write 'T' if the statement true and 'F' if : 1404405
TRUE/FALSE. Write 'T' if the statement is true and 'F' if the statement is false.
70) Recent research indicates that workforce mobility programs and how efficiently they are managed has a direct impact on company profits.
71) Management of the HR function in multinational companies is complicated enormously by the need to adapt HR policies and procedures to the differences among countries in which each subsidiary is based.
72) Differences in culture explain why incentive plans in Japan tend to focus on the work group, while in the West, the focus is usually on individual worker incentives.
73) A high degree of sensitivity and empathy for the cultural and attitudinal demands of coworkers has very little importance when selecting employees to staff overseas operations.
74) Industrial relations, and specifically the relationship between the worker, the union, and the employer, vary dramatically from country to country and have an enormous impact on HR management practices.
75) Expatriate assignments usually fail because the person cannot accommodate to the technical demands of the job.
76) Expatriates are noncitizens of the countries in which they are working.
77) Third-country nationals are citizens of a country other than the parent or host country.
78) Geocentrism, rarely seen, assumes that management candidates must be searched for domestically.
79) A polycentric staffing policy would be more expensive than sending expatriates abroad.