77. Supply chain management provides the company with a sustainable, : 1404817
77. Supply chain management provides the company with a sustainable, competitive advantage.
78. Manufacturers typically represent the beginning of a supply chain.
79. A tier one supplier is always more important than a tier two supplier.
80. The tier one, tier two, and tier three supplier designations are based upon whom the suppliers are providing materials or services to.
81. Like “ABC inventory analysis,” the tier one, tier two, and tier three supplier designations are based upon the annual level of purchases made with the suppliers.
82. Location managers are typically responsible for managing the movement of products between locations.
83. If supply chain A has more levels than supply chain B, then the bullwhip effect will likely impact supply chain B more than supply chain A.
84. A possible remedy for the bullwhip effect is to base forecasts on demand coming from the immediate downstream customer.
85. Order batching replaces lumpy demand with constant product demand.
86. Rationing and shortage gaming occur when supply exceeds demand.