1. Government and business together establish the regulatory rules under : 1800965
1. Government and business together establish the regulatory rules under which business operates in society.
2. In Europe, unions are prohibited by law to be on businesses’ administrative boards.
3. A cooperative government-business relationship on one issue does not guarantee cooperation on another issue.
4. Public policy is a plan of action undertaken by business to influence the government.
5. In non-democratic countries, the power of government may derive from a monarchy, military dictatorship, or religious authority.
6. Public policy effects are always unintended consequences of an action.
7. Monetary policies refer to policies that affect the supply, demand and value of the nation’s currency.
8. A national health care policy is an example of an economic policy.
9. Economic regulations aim at modifying the normal operations of the free market and the forces of supply and demand.
10. Predatory pricing is a violation of antitrust laws.
11. Cost-benefit analysis is often used to determine the costs of regulation.
12. Regulatory activity often is cyclical.
13. Regulation cannot be applied to international business behavior.
14. Sometimes national leaders resist the notion of international regulation, seeking to control matters of commerce themselves within their own countries.
15. The United Nations oversees all international agreements concerning regulations between nations.