Question : Tornadoes are most often generated along the front of a middle-latitude cyclone. A) stationary : 2146555
76) Tornadoes are most often generated along the ________ front of a middle-latitude cyclone.
77) A tornado watch is issued by the National Weather Service ________.
A) only if a tornado has been sighted but before it has touched down
B) if the weather conditions indicate that tornadoes could occur
C) the day after a tornado has touched down
D) after a tornado has been sighted in an area
78) Doppler radar aids tornado detection by detecting ________.
A) high pressure in a region
B) motion within clouds
C) wind gusts at ground level
D) ice particles in clouds
79) Intense tropical cyclones with winds above ________ kph are called hurricanes, typhoons, or cyclones, depending on the part of the world where they form.
80) A tropical depression has ________ winds than a tropical storm.
B) different direction
D) as strong
81) In a hurricane, the greatest wind speeds and heaviest rainfall occur in the region called the ________.
A) Saffir-Simpson region
C) eye wall
D) outer bands
82) The greatest storm surge and highest winds occur in the ________ quadrant of Northern Hemisphere hurricanes.
83) Hurricanes form between the latitudes of ________ degrees.
A) 25 and 40
B) 50 and 65
C) 5 and 20
D) 15 and 30
84) Hurricanes most often develop in ________.
A) early winter
C) early summer
D) late summer
85) A large body of air that is characterized by a homogeneity of temperature and moisture at any given level is a(n) ________.
B) air mass