Question : The use of multiple computers linked by a communications network for processing is called: : 2141244
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
15) The use of multiple computers linked by a communications network for processing is called:
A) grid computing.
B) centralized processing.
C) client/server computing.
E) distributed processing.
16) The business case for using grid computing involves all of the following except:
A) increased computational power.
B) centralized maintenance.
D) speed of computation.
E) cost savings.
17) Which of the following statements about client/server computing is not true?
A) The server provides security, remote access, and user authentication.
B) The client provides the user interface.
C) The bulk of processing occurs on the client.
D) The client is normally a desktop or laptop computer.
E) Computing on the Internet is based on the client/server model.
18) In a multitiered network:
A) users interface with the server rather than the client.
B) the work of the entire network is centralized.
C) processing is handled by multiple, geographically remote clients.
D) the work of the entire network is balanced over several levels of servers.
E) processing is split between clients and servers.
19) A client computer networked to a server computer, with processing split between the two types of machines, is called a(n) ________ architecture.
A) two-tiered client/server
D) multitiered client/server
20) Which of the following statements about edge computing is not true?
A) Edge computing is helpful for financial services firms.
B) Edge computing increases delays in the transmitting and processing of data.
C) Edge computing is a method of optimizing cloud computing systems.
D) Edge computing is useful when IoT devices do not need to be constantly connected to a central cloud.
E) Edge computing reduces the amount of data flowing between local computers and devices and the central cloud data center.
21) Which of the following is a type of optical drive storage?
B) USB flash drive
C) Magnetic tape
E) Hard drive
22) In lightweight PCs, smartphones, and tablets, which of the following have replaced hard drives?
D) Magnetic tape
23) All of the following are traditional storage technologies except:
A) optical drives.
B) cloud computing.
C) magnetic tape.
D) magnetic disks.
E) storage networks.
24) What type of device gathers data and converts them into electronic form for use by the computer?
A) Optical storage
C) Input device
D) Output device
E) Magnetic storage
25) Which of the following devices collects data directly from the environment for input into a computer system?
A) Digital scanner
C) Touch screen
E) Audio input