Question : The trade fair industry has its roots in which region : 2162260
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1) ________ is translated in Germany as "Consumer Show."
2) ________ is translated in Germany as "Meeting" or "Convention."
3) The trade fair industry has its roots in which region?
C) North America
4) Which of these is not a Global Commercial Exhibition Organizing Company?
5) What country is thought to be the center of industry and trade fairs in Europe?
6) Which country is currently expanding and becoming more important to the MEEC industry?
A) The United States
D) South Africa
7) Which of the following is an example of how American trade show managers can learn from their European colleagues?
A) Excellence of infrastructure
B) Support organizations
D) All of the above
8) In other countries they may call exhibits:
9) In Japan you present your business card:
A) Before dinner
B) With a handshake
C) After dinner
D) Japanese side up
10) The trade fair industry has roots since:
A) The Middle Ages
B) The 1700's
C) World War I
D) Prehistoric times
11) UFI stands for:
A) Union of Fair Income
B) Union des Foires Internationales
C) United Fair Institution
D) None of the above
12) What is the world's largest exhibition site?
A) McCormick Place
B) Jacob Javits Center
C) Ming Palace
D) Hannover Fairgrounds
13) The second largest business travel market in the world is which country's?
D) United States
14) Which two cities have been the backbone of Asian trade fairs and exhibitions?
A) Shanghai and Beijing
B) Ho Chi Minh City and Bangkok
C) Taiwan and Singapore
D) Tokyo and Seoul
15) In the Middle East, trade fairs and exhibitions are most common in:
A) Abu Dhabi and Dubai
B) Cairo and Tel Aviv
C) Khatar and Kabul
D) None of the above
16) What country in Latin America is "in the limelight" now because of huge international sports events?
17) PCO stands for:
A) Practical Conference Organizer
B) Protocol Convention Organization
C) Professional Congress Organizer
D) Professional Control Organization
18) This organization represents a global network of more than 175 convention centers in 57 countries.
19) What is considered the global community for the world's meeting industry?
20) In many parts of the world an exhibit is called a:
TRUE/FALSE. Write 'T' if the statement is true and 'F' if the statement is false.
21) Five of the world's top international trade fairs and exhibitions are held in Germany.
22) In other countries besides the United States, associations play a major role in the organization and sponsorships of trade fairs.
23) Today, Europe is the focal point of international trade fairs and exhibitions.