Question : The period of time from the 1960s to 1970s focused on : 2141303
Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
2) The period of time from the 1960s to 1970s focused on ________
A) complying with laws and regulations through affirmative action policies and programs
B) assimilating minorities and women into the corporate setting
C) making employees more aware and sensitive to the needs and differences of others
D) diversity and inclusion for business success, profitability, and growth
3) Soon after Jeff was hired as a company accountant, his company developed corporate programs to help improve the self-confidence and qualifications of diverse employees so they could "fit in." During which period of time did Jeff start working for his employers?
A) Early 1980s
B) Late 1980s to late 1990s
C) New millennium
D) 1960s to 1970s
5) Which one of the following was a feature of the period from the late 1980s to the late 1990s in terms of workplace diversity?
A) Shifting from compliance and focusing only on women and minorities to including everyone.
B) Focusing on complying with laws and regulations, such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
C) Developing corporate programs to help improve self-confidence and qualifications of diverse individuals so they can "fit in".
D) Seeing workplace diversity as a core business issue, important to achieve business success, profitability, and growth.
7) People are going to be different. The focus of managers should be to ________.
A) find commonalities among various groups displaying surface-level diversity
B) make sure the practices within their departments comply with the letter of the laws governing discrimination in employment
C) find ways to develop strong relationships with and engage the entire workforce
D) find ways to keep various groups within the workforce from creating conflict
8) Jack and Jill are discussing the new hire in their department: her hair color, skin tone, manner of dress, and accent. Jack and Jill are focusing on ________.
A) surface level diversity
C) deep-level diversity
9) Which one of the following demographic characteristics reflects surface-level diversity?
C) Differences in values
12) In the process of getting acquainted, John and his new co-worker Bill have discovered they have different tastes in music and books, that one is extroverted and the other introverted, that one prefers working in teams and the other works best alone. They are exploring ________.
B) deep-level diversity
C) surface-level diversity
13) Differences arising from which one of the following factors becomes more important to people as they get to know each other?
D) Sexual orientation
14) Which one of the following people management benefits arises from workplace diversity?
A) Potential to increase market share
B) Improved system flexibility
C) Increased understanding of the marketplace
D) Better use of employee talent
15) Ben is selecting members for a problem-solving team. Which of the following team compositions is most likely to result in better team performance?
A) Employees with at least ten years of seniority
B) An all-male or all-female team
C) Employees from a variety of ethnic and gender backgrounds
D) Employees from the quality department