Question : The nurse is planning the care of a client who has the need for frequent suctioning : 2141751
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
19) The nurse is planning the care of a client who has the need for frequent suctioning. What should the nurse delegate to the assistive personnel (AP)?
A) Neither oral nor tracheal suctioning
B) Only oral suctioning
C) Both oral and tracheal suctioning
D) Only tracheal suctioning
23) A client who was a victim of a house fire is coughing. Which should the nurse realize is the purpose of the client's cough?
A) Close the glottis
B) Remove irritants from the nasal passages
C) Improve oxygenation
D) Remove irritants from the trachea or bronchi
37) The nurse wants to delegate the Yankauer suctioning of a client to assistive personnel (AP). What will the nurse ensure that AP know before delegating this activity?
A) How to apply suction during the insertion of the catheter
B) How to maintain sterile technique
C) Not to apply suction during the insertion of the catheter
D) How to listen for lung sounds
43) A male client has a hematocrit level of 58%. Which should the nurse expect to assess in this client?
A) Slow respiratory rate
B) Reduced blood pressure
C) Poor oxygenation of tissues
D) Slow heart rate
44) The nurse notes that a client has a slow respiratory rate. Which should the nurse consider as having the greatest influence on the client's carotid bodies to affect the rate?
A) Carbon dioxide
45) The nurse is caring for a client with emphysema. Which should the nurse consider that is regulating this client's respirations?
A) Carbohydrate metabolism
B) Carbon dioxide concentration
C) Hydrogen ion concentration
D) Oxygen concentration