Question : The nurse is completing an assessment and health history : 2135510
11. The nurse is completing an assessment and health history with a client. Which of the following statements made by the client should alert the nurse to a possible immunodeficiency disorder?
a. “I take one baby Aspirin every day to prevent stroke.”
b. “I usually eat eggs or meat for at least 2 meals a day.”
c. “I had my spleen removed many years ago after a car accident.”
d. “I had a chest x-ray 6 months ago when I had walking pneumonia.”
12. The nurse is caring for a client that has experienced Goodpasture’s syndrome. Which of the following adverse effects should the nurse be aware of?
d. Pulmonary haemorrhage
13. The nurse is teaching a client on immunosuppressant therapy after a kidney transplant about the posttransplant drug regimen. Which of the following statements by the client should alert the nurse that additional teaching is required?
a. “If I develop an acute rejection episode, I will need to have other types of drugs given IV.”
b. “I need to be monitored closely because I have a greater chance of developing malignant tumours.”
c. “After a couple of years, it is likely that I will be able to stop taking the calcineurin inhibitor.”
d. “The drugs are given in combination because they inhibit different aspects of transplant rejection.”
14. Which of the following adverse effects is related to cyclosporine administration?
b. Aseptic necrosis
c. Peptic ulcer
15. The nurse is admitting a client to hospital who has an acute rejection of an organ transplant. Which of the following clients is the most appropriate roommate?
a. A client who has viral pneumonia
b. A client with second-degree burns
c. A client who is recovering from an anaphylactic reaction to a bee sting
d. A client with graft-versus-host disease after a recent bone marrow transplant