Question : The first modern astronomer to propose a Sun-centered universe was : 2146902
84) The first modern astronomer to propose a Sun-centered universe was ________.
85) The average distance from Earth to the Sun is called the ________ unit.
86) The planets stay in orbit around the Sun because of a balance between gravity and ________.
87) Which astronomer developed the three laws of planetary motion?
88) One of the discoveries that led to the modern view of the solar system was that the orbits of the planets are not circular but ________.
90) Patterns or configurations of stars named in honor of mythological characters are called ________.
91) The angular distance north or south of the celestial equator is called ________.
92) When the Sun crosses the celestial equator, and day and night are of equal length around the globe, it is the time of the ________.
93) The two primary motions of Earth are ________ and ________.
A) aphelion; perihelion
B) rotation; revolution
C) inertia; gravity
D) expansion; collapse
94) When Earth is closest to the Sun, its location is referred to as the ________ position.
95) A very slow motion of Earth's axis that requires 26,000 years to complete is called ________.