Question : The energy from nuclear fusion is produced by the conversion of : 2147177
79) The energy from nuclear fusion is produced by the conversion of ________.
A) matter to anti-matter
B) mass to energy
C) particles to waves
D) all of the above are accurate
80) Astronomers currently estimate sunspots to be about ________ degrees cooler than the rest of the surface.
81) Visible light emitted from the celestial bodies is only a small part of an array of energy called ________ radiation.
82) Light can be described as a stream of fast-moving particles called ________.
83) The motion of a star can be determined using the ________ effect.
A) Blue shift
84) A(n) ________ spectrum is produced when white light is passed through a comparatively cool gas under low pressure.
B) red shift
D) dark-line (absorption)
85) The first scientist to use a telescope for astronomical purposes was ________.
86) When several radio telescopes are connected together, the resulting network is called a(n) ________.
A) adaptive optic
B) radio interferometer
87) Streams of protons and electrons emitted from the Sun are known as the solar ________.
88) The nuclear reaction process of converting hydrogen nuclei into helium nuclei is called the ________ chain.
89) The Sun is composed almost entirely of two gases. They are hydrogen and ________.
90) The amount of energy released during a nuclear reaction was established by the well-known scientist named ________.
A) Enrico Fermi
B) Christiaan Huygens
C) Albert Einstein
D) William Hershel
ESSAY. Write your answer in the space provided or on a separate sheet of paper.
91) Describe the concept of "red shift" and how this observation relates to theories that the universe is expanding.