Question : The DMAI is the world's largest resource for DMOs and stands : 2162226
TRUE/FALSE. Write 'T' if the statement is true and 'F' if the statement is false.
23) The DMAI is the world's largest resource for DMOs and stands for "Destination Management of America Incorporated."
24) The DI is the global trade association for official DMOs.
25) The DI protects and advances the success of DMO's worldwide.
26) A DMMO is basically a DMO with more extensive credentials.
27) The Destination and Travel Foundation was created in 2010 when the DI Foundation broke away from the Travel Association Foundation.
28) DMO's solely book hotel rooms and convention space
29) DMOs work with both large and small groups.
30) DMO's own and/or run the Convention Center.
31) Planners have to pay DMO's for their services.
32) Professionals who work in a DMO serve as the sales representative for their destination.
33) A site Inspection may only be required at the very beginning of the sales process
34) A Destinations Showcase is a fast-paced and productive one-day exhibition and conference, owned by the DMAI where qualified meeting professionals attend education sessions.
35) According to the text, the most effective marketing tool for any DMO is a smart and comprehensive website.
MATCHING. Choose the item in column 2 that best matches each item in column 1.
Match the acronyms with their definitions.
36) DMO A) A valuable skills package needed for the destination management career, including a certificate program
37) RFP B) Often are not-for-profit organizations charged with representing a specific destination and helping the long term development of communities through a travel and tourism strategy
38) CVB C) An accreditation program
39) DI D) Request for proposal
40) CDME E) Another name for a DMO also called a state or provincial tourism office
41) PDM F) The global trade association for official DMO's
42) DMAP G) Quasi-autonomous nongovernmental organizations
43) QUANGO H) An educational program delivered under the auspices of Purdue University and the DMAI