Question : The culinary and service aspects of the restaurant industry : 2162196
TRUE/FALSE. Write 'T' if the statement is true and 'F' if the statement is false.
1) The culinary and service aspects of the restaurant industry have remained the same for the past 10 years.
2) Advancement opportunities exist in most restaurant operations depending upon the size of the operation and other services offered.
3) The average dollar amount in guest check sales vary and are correlated to the style of restaurant.
4) Many states have mandated the legal authority to apply what is known as "Tip Credit."
5) The current national tipping standard for table service is 5 — 12 percent.
6) An experienced server is more concerned with timing than details.
7) The server must understand the menu descriptions of the food and beverage items in order to guide the guest through meal selections.
8) A server must have a pleasant manner and truly enjoy serving people.
9) A limited number of advancement opportunities exist within the restaurant industry.
10) It is recommended that servers keep a record of sales, tips, and other employees who shared in their tips.
11) There is an increased interest in local farming, organic products and how food is prepared in a restaurant
12) Servers are tipped according to their sales therefore high check averages can increase a server’s tip potential
13) When a server recites the specials for a guest this is an example of the sales technique "using an open-ended question."
14) Serving tables of customers should be viewed as an entrepreneurial business opportunity.
15) It may become difficult for an employer in a non-tipping restaurant to staff on holidays and weekends.
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
16) According to the National Restaurant Association, the restaurant industry is:
A) averaging $100 billion in espresso and wine sales
B) quickly embracing 5 star service
C) employing 1 million people in new restaurants every day
D) responsible for generating over $780 billion in annual sales
17) One of the biggest challenges facing the restaurant industry today is:
A) keeping menu prices high
B) keeping talented employees
C) keeping up with competition
D) keeping produce fresh
18) A server's income is usually derived from:
A) working additional hours
B) tips only
C) wages and tips
D) salary and benefits
19) Banquet servers and hotel room service attendants receive their tips:
A) on a paycheck
B) in credit advances
C) spread over a month's pay
D) in cash
20) Suggesting additional items to a guest's order is known as:
A) building sales
D) suggestive selling