x
Info
x
Warning
x
Danger
 / 
 / 
 / 
Question (6%) Problem 10: A barge floating in fresh water (g

Question : Question (6%) Problem 10: A barge floating in fresh water (g : 697459

Question

(6%) Problem 10: A barge floating in fresh water (g 1000 kg/m3) is shaped like a hollow rectangular prism with base area A 450 m2 and height H 2.0 m. When empty the bottom of the barge is located H 0.45 m below the surface of the water. When fully loaded with coal the bottom of the barge is located H 1.8 m below the surface Randomized Variables A 450 m 0.45 1.8 Otheexpertta.com 14% Part (a) Select the correct free-body diagram for the barge when it is empty. Grade Summary Deductions 20% Potential 80% Submissions Attempts remaining: 20% per attempt) detailed view 20% G,barge G,barge arge G, barge G,barge arge Submit Hint Feedback I give up! Hints 1% deduction per hint. Hints remaining 3 Feedback 10 deduction per feedback. A 14% Part (b) Write an equation for the buoyant force on the empty barge in terms of the known data. A 14% Part (c) Determine the mass of the barge in kilograms i A 14% Part (d) Which freebody diagram represents the barge when it is loaded with coal? A 14% Part (e) Find the mass of the coal in terms of the given data. A 14% Part Find the mass of the coal in kilograms A 14% Part (g) How far would the barge be submerged (in meters) if mc.2 250000 kg of coal had been placed in the empty barge

Solution
5 (1 Ratings )

Solved
Physics 2 Years Ago 538 Views
This Question has Been Answered!
Unlimited Access Free
Explore More than 2 Million+
  • Textbook Solutions
  • Flashcards
  • Homework Answers
  • Documents
Signup for Instant Access!
Ask an Expert
Our Experts can answer your tough homework and study questions
312080 Physics Questions Answered!
Post a Question