Multiple Choice Questions
1. Psychology defined as the:
A. intuition-based approach to study human : 1385836
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Psychology is defined as the:
A. intuition-based approach to study human behavior.
B. speculative method to find answers about human cognition.
C. study of mental disorders and their treatment.
D. scientific study of behavior and mental processes.
2. Akira has declared psychology as his major. He will be studying:
A. internal medicine.
B. behavior and mental processes.
C. mental disorders and their diagnosis and treatment.
D. the disorders of the central nervous system.
3. A single-sentence definition of psychology may be misleading because:
A. it is very difficult to study the mind and behavior scientifically.
B. psychology is a narrower, more specific field than a general definition might suggest.
C. psychologists disagree on how broad psychology should really be.
D. the discipline of psychology really has no core or center.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the goals of psychology?
5. In order to study mind and behavior, psychologists:
A. rely on the scientific method.
B. use their intuition.
C. rely on the study of internal medicine.
D. use speculation.
6. In what way are the diverse subfields of psychology related?
A. They allow psychologists to explain different types of behavior in the same way.
B. They ultimately share a common goal.
C. They always lead to an M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) degree.
D. They are not related at all, other than being considered part of psychology.
7. Dr. Alvarez studies how the degeneration of certain components of nerve cells in the brain might contribute to the development of multiple sclerosis. Dr. Alvarez's work BEST exemplifies the _____ subfield of psychology.
D. behavioral neuroscience
8. Which of the following branches of psychology studies the processes of sensing, perceiving, learning, and thinking about the world?
A. Behavioral neuroscience
B. Developmental psychology
C. Experimental psychology
D. Health psychology
9. Which of the following subfields of psychology is INCORRECTLY matched with its description?
A. Behavioral neuroscience: examines the relationship between the nervous system and behavior
B. Cognitive: examines how people grow and change from conception through death
C. Experimental: examines the processes of sensing, perceiving, learning, and thinking
D. Clinical: deals with the study, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological disorders
10. Which of the following subfields of psychology is CORRECTLY matched with a sample topic?
A. Behavioral neuroscience: the influence of chronic stress on physical health
B. Developmental psychology: the effectiveness of drug therapy for obsessive-compulsive disorder
C. Cognitive psychology: the influence of on event on people's thinking
D. Health psychology: the role that frustration plays in producing aggression