1. Which of the following accurate concerning empirical research?
a. : 2132726
1. Which of the following is accurate concerning empirical research?
a. empirical research is a mathematical rather than a logical operation
b. mathematics is a very difficult but efficient language
c. criminal justice is the applied branch of mathematics
d. empirical research is a logical rather than a mathematical operation
2. Which of the following would represent a distribution of those arrested on a holiday weekend?
a. the exact number of persons arrested for violation of specific statute numbers
b. a partial list of persons arrested with the corresponding statute number they allegedly violated
c. the number of persons arrested for violent crimes, the number of persons arrested for property crimes but not the number of persons arrested for public order crimes
d. a list of people arrested for DUI only
3. Measures of central tendency include all except _____.
a. standard deviation
4. Dr. Jones wanted to display the findings of the sentences given in his local courthouse on one summer day. If the sentences, displayed in months, were 10, 18, 24, 36, 18, 70, 30, then which of the following measures of central tendency is accurate?
a. the mean is 24
b. the median is 24
c. the mode is 24
d. the median is 26
5. Of the three measures of central tendency, which one takes into account extreme values?
d. mode and median