Question : More than 90 percent of the loans issues by Fannie Mae were prime : 2139037
TRUE/FALSE. Write 'T' if the statement is true and 'F' if the statement is false.
51) More than 90 percent of the loans issues by Fannie Mae were prime rate due to relaxed underwriting standards.
52) Bear Stearns shares went from $40 to $2 in a matter of days.
53) Merrill Lynch was a key player in the subprime mortgage collapse. It had been securitizing subprime loans and then selling them to investors who had borrowed the money to purchase them from Merrill Lynch itself.
54) Lehman Brothers announced it was filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection the day after Bear Stearns was bought out by the Bank of America.
SHORT ANSWER. Write the word or phrase that best completes each statement or answers the question.
55) Financial institutions are entrusted to properly invest and oversee large amounts of funds which are ________ in them.
56) The ________ of the savings and loan industry in the 1980s will cost the American taxpayer hundreds of millions of dollars.
57) In a few strokes, ________ dismantled most of the regulatory infrastructure that had kept the thrift industry together for four decades.
58) ________ were central players in the epidemic of fraud as they are essential to real estate and banking systems.
59) ________ loans involve loans on real estate to borrowers that do not exist or are not in fact the real borrowers.
60) First Pension Corporation investments turned out to be a(n) ________ scheme.